With regards to the cloud-based stage, Office 365 is utilized by various associations. Fundamentally, Microsoft Office 365 is a Software as a Service arrangement which incorporates Microsoft Office and different administrations – email and coordinated effort. Because of the component rich nature and execution, Office 365 has turned into the primary decision of the clients just as associations. Nonetheless, a few circumstances happen in which the client needs to import PST to Archive mailbox in Office 365. Presently, the inquiry crops ups, is it conceivable to migrate PST files to Office 365 Online Archive mailbox? Truly, the client can undoubtedly import with the assistance of Powershell directions. In this blog, we will talk about the well-ordered procedure to move PST to an Archive folder in O365 account.
Some Prerequisites to be considered:
- An administrator account on O365 tenant is needed
- Need Import/Export Mailbox administrator access
- High upload bandwidth is an extra feature
Import PST to Archive in Office 365 using Powershell Commands
Microsoft offers Import Service feature for importing PST files in Office 365
Step 1: Provision of Storage
1. Hit on Import Service button >> then, Data Migration
2. Hit on upload PST option
3. Now, hit on the + sign and choose Upload email messages (PST files) option
4. If you are importing for the first time, the Storage will be created. For this, you are required to hit on “Show network upload SAS URL”. This will contain certain elements such as:
Storage and Container name
Shared Access Signature: It consists of following parts
- sv- storage service version
- se – expiration date
- sr – storage type
- si – storage identifier, sig – signature
This URL is used by Azure AzCopy Explorer Tool to upload Outlook PST files
Step 2: Upload PST to Office 365 Archive Mailbox
The user can start the PST upload process, after completion of the storage provisioning task. To Upload PST file, the two options are available one is by using the AzCopy tool (Command line Tool) or by Azure Storage Explorer Tool
1. Firstly, you are required to connect to the Azure Storage Explorer Tool
2. Now, you need to enter Shared Access Signature URL
3. After filling the necessary SAS URL, one can see the Connection Summary report
4. Now, you can import PST file into Office 365 utilizing Azure Storage Explorer Tool
5. Click on the checkbox to check the list of files using the command:
Step 3: File Mapping (CSV)
After the PST file is uploaded, you need to create a CSV file. It will move the PST files to mailboxes and destination folder
Step 4: Import PST files into Office 365
In final step, you need to migrate PST mapping file in CSV format. Hit on Finish button, PST file will be imported to Office 365 Archive mailbox.
At times, it becomes difficult for the client to comprehend and execute the task effectively. Moreover, if the client tries to execute the process with no specialized information, there is a chance of data loss. In this way, it is prescribed to select a simple and secure technique to import PST to Office 365 Archive mailbox .
The user can easily import Multiple PST files to Office 365 account using the Office 365 Import Software. This professional utility allows migrating PST files including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes to MS O365 in an easy manner. Besides, the tool also offers to include specific folders during the migration process. The user can even import PST files data-wise by utilizing the Date Filter option. Moreover, all attributes related to the emails for ex:- attachments, metadata are maintained after the completion of the importing process. This software supports all versions of MS Outlook.
Numerous users import pst to archive mailbox in office 365 for various purposes. Furthermore, they are not ready to find an instant solution to execute this operation. So, in this article, we have presented both manual and automated method to move PST files to O365 cloud. The client can pick any strategy according to his/her decision. However, to avoid data failure it is advised to opt Office 365 Import Tool