At present, the number of networking
brands on the market is becoming more and more abundant, and many
several products with different functions are also available.
Although wireless extenders with more comprehensive functions are
purchased, there is often a problem that coverage is not in place and
there is a signal blind spot.
To end this, NETGEAR launched various universal wireless extenders for such problems, effectively eliminating wireless blind spots. Best features of these Netgear extenders include- easily connecting to the Internet in any corner of the room, integrated power supply, easy to set up via mywifiext.com. The best part is their wall plug design, avoiding the need for additional power cables or equipment.
Not only these gadgets are well capable of effectively eliminating wireless blind spots, but also work as a piece of art because of their sleek design. Making your desks or homes more eye-catching. However, there is one thing that can be done to make these gadgets more user-friendly, i.e. changing the default management interface language to the language of your choice.
This article will guide you how to switch to NETGEAR wireless extender interface to your desired language configuration interface that is – mywifiext After the NETGEAR wireless extender is installed or reset for the first time, the extender management interface cannot be switched to some other desired language.
The Reason behind this:
NETGEAR’s wireless extender GUIs are available in multiple languages, but in the factory state, it may not be able to switch to any other language management interface due to incomplete language package download or GUI language version.
In this case, you need to connect the wireless extender to the Internet. In the networked state, click the “Language” selection bar again. The wireless extender will automatically connect to the NETGEAR server to download the latest GUI language version. After the download is complete, you can switch the English interface to your desired language interface.
But make sure, that you have successfully setup your extender first. In case, if you are using a wireless extender, place it in the middle of your premises for the Netgear extender setup. And if you are unable to place the extender in the middle, place it near the wireless device, but still be in the signal coverage of the wireless extender. Also, for best performance, make sure the antenna is upright. After the wireless extender is powered up, wait for about 1 minute and the power indicator light is steady green.
Detailed operation for Changing the Interface’s Language
Log in to the extender management interface. After the initial installation or factory reset, the first time you log in, the wizard will appear. Ask “Do you need NETGEAR to help you?” Please select “No”.
- In the popped up following prompt window, click “OK” to log in to the advanced management interface.
- After logging in to the advanced management interface, if the extender asks if you need to switch the language, please select “No”; if there is no such prompt, please go directly to next step.
- Tap on “Internet Setup” under the “setup” in the “Advanced Settings” of mywifiext.netsetup to perform basic network settings.
- Click on “Administration” under the “Advanced” section and then on “extender Status” to check the connection between the extender and the Internet. Ensure that both the IP Address and the Domain Name Server have been successfully obtained in the Internet Port, indicating that the extender is successfully connected to the Internet.
- When the extender is connected to the network, select the desired language list in the upper right corner of the interface. The extender will automatically connect to the NETGEAR server to re-download the latest GUI language version. After the download is complete, you can successfully switch to your desired language management interface. Also, upgrade theNetgear extender firmware if needed.