PIN, or Personal Identification Number, is a 4-digit code required for every transaction you make with your credit card. It is a unique number allocated to your card to help prevent any unauthorised purchase of your credit card.
Without a PIN, a credit card will be useless as it won’t clear the verification process after each transaction. However, if you somehow forget it, there are a few ways you can reset it and use your card in the future.
Let’s take a look at how to change credit card PIN through various methods:
Changing the PIN online
Every financial institution has a dedicated page for credit card PIN generation and update. You will see various fields for different credentials.
- Enter your credit card details like the card number, CVV, expiry date, in its respective fields.
- After you proceed, you will receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- Enter the OTP and a new PIN of your choice. Confirm it to reset your credit cards PIN.
Contacting customer care
One of the preferred ways to change your credit card PIN is via the customer care of the financial institutions. Most lenders have a 24×7 customer relationship management service available. For example, if you use a Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, you can contact the RBL Bank Credit Card customer care at your preferred time to assist you with the PIN change procedure.
You will require your registered mobile number to change your credit card PIN. An OTP will arrive at that number which will act as an activation code. Many financial institutions also issue a TPIN, or Temporary PIN when you create an identification number for the first time.
Here is how to change credit card PIN with the help of customer care:
- Call the helpline number of your lender. You will find it in your credit card statements, on-boarding package, and also on their official website.
- Navigate to the credit cards menu, and select the option to change/update the PIN.
- Enter your 16 digit card number followed by #.
- If you have the TPIN, enter it, followed by #.
- Select the option to set/change your credit card’s PIN.
- You will receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- You might get a prompt to enter the OTP or various details of your credit card like the CVV number and expiry date. Follow the instructions and provide the necessary information.
- After verification, you will be able to set a new PIN and will get a confirmation that ensures it is updated.
Customer care helpline offers more convenience to people who are not tech-savvy or have access to the internet. Companies like Bajaj Finserv and their RBL Bank Credit Card customer care also provide an additional security step where a representative will verify your credentials when you create a TPIN for the first time.
Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard has robust security options including a ‘zero-fraud liability cover’ to avoid any fraudulent scenario caused by loss or theft. SuperCard also comes with various industry-first benefits like an emergency loan, up to 50 days interest-free cash withdrawals, easy EMI conversion, etc.
Bajaj Finserv also has pre-approved offers for credit cards, personal loans, home loans, business loans, and a range of other financial products and services. Such offers help you save time by simplifying the process of availing finances. You only have to provide some necessary details online to check your pre-approved offer.
Few things you should remember about your credit card’s PIN:
Your credit card PIN is confidential and you should never share with anyone else. Also, you should not use any 4-digit combination that can be easily guessed. Combinations like birthday, a section of your phone number, common combinations like 0000 or 1234 or any vertical or diagonal combination of keyboard numericals are easily exploitable. For a thorough suggestion on how to change credit card PIN, follow the official guidelines of your financial institution.
Thanks to various online and offline process, you can easily create a new PIN in case you forget the previous combination. Follow the steps mentioned above and update it to keep using your credit card.